Yılmaden acquired EBX’s Coal Mines in Colombia

Yılmaden Holding has acquired EBX Groups Shares in CCX Coal Mine in Bogota State of Colombia. YCCX which founded within Yılmaden Holding took over open pit coal mines in Canaverales and Papayal and underground coal mine in San Juan by completion of purchase process

Chrome and Kaolin Facility Commence Operation in Hisarcık, Kütahya

Barite miner Düzenli Madencilik has been producing barite in Hisarcık for 12 years. With installation of three high-end double vibrating mills, company will start producing Chrome and Kaolin in the next few days.

New Gallery Doubled Production in Pınargözü

Pasinex Resources announced new gallery in Pınargözü Zinc Mine at Adana. The gallery is 670 m deep and 120 m long. The gallery targeted sulphide mineralization at deeper levels. Larger machinery now can be used in this new gallery and production is doubled from average 60 tpd up to 120 tpd levels.

Appeal of Cancellation of The Environmental Impact Report in Cerattepe is Denied by The Court

The court rejected the request for the cancellation of the environmental impact report that was lodged by 751 plaintiffs and their 61 lawyers. In a controversial Cerattepe case the court said mining activities could be carried out after required permissions were taken.

Aldridge Minerals Announced Land Acquisition Update about Yenipazar Project

Aldridge Minerals announced that the company has acquired title to or rights to Access approximately 70.3% of additional Yenipazar Project area. The company has already acquired approximately 20.4% of the Project area and following the purchase Aldridge now holds the ownership of or Access to approximately a total of 90.7% of Yenipazar Project area.

Turkey Aims to Improve Local Coal Output

Energy and Natural Resources Minister Berat Albayrak said “We need to redound natural treasures to energy industry productively.” Turkey doubled its local coal reserves by exploration and will develop strategy by prioritizing local sources in the upcoming period.

23th World Energy Congress Took Place in Turkey

10th World Energy Congress had taken place at Turkey in 1977. 23rd World Energy Congress, organized by the World Energy Council took place in Turkey again after 40 years. Under the title of ‘2060 scenario’, delegates discussed the future of energy, the new challenges and demands that the industry is facing.

Energy and Natural Resources Ministry’s New Move: “1 Million meters of Drilling”

Turkish Republic Energy and Natural Resources Minister Berat Albayrak announced the plans on a total of 1 million meters of drilling. According to Turkey’s unearthing natural resources plan, Mineral Research & Exploration of Turkey will handle the drilling process alongside to geophysical and geological surveying. In conjunct, the Ministry aims to increase the lignite reserves to 20 million tons.

Blacksea Copper&Gold will Start Exploration Program in the Early Spring of 2017

Blacksea Copper&Gold announced to start exploration program in Alanköy property in Northwestern Turkey. Drilling targets will be determined by geological, geochemical and geophysical surveying. Exploration program will commence in first half of 2017.

Ariana Resources Acquired Positive Drilling Results from ‘Arzu Central’ Zone at Kızıltepe Project

Ariana Resources announced results for phase one drilling program of 2016. The widest zone on Kiziltepe Project was encountered by drilling. Preparations for Phase Two of the 2016 drilling program are complete and program scheduled to start in October 2016.

Previous articleMinister Albayrak: Energy Sector Requires $110 Billion Investment
Next articleSenior Handover Was Realized in Turkish Coal Enterprise (TKİ)